We are looking to expand our Board of Directors! We are particularly looking for a candidate who is able and willing to serve as treasurer of the Board. Treasurer responsibilities are to:
- Coordinate financial matters with our fiscal sponsor, Southwest Neighborhood Assembly (SWNA)
- Manage our financial reporting requirements to the National Park Service (NPS)
- Record donations and thank donors
- Approve requests for reimbursement for Friends activities
- Provide annual budget and income/expense statement
In addition, board members are expected to participate in 3-4 community events each year, ranging from work parties in Titanic Memorial Park to staffing tables on behalf of the Friends at other neighborhood events. Board members are also expected to work on 1-2 projects each year.
Our ideal Board member:
- Supports NPS’s vision that Titanic Memorial Park is an historic park worth preserving.
- Supports the Friends as a donor and/or volunteer
- Will attend monthly board meetings (1.5 – 2 hours)
- Will commit to 5 hours of work per month, excluding Board meetings
If you are interested in serving on the Friends Board, please send a brief resume outlining your skills, interests, and experience with non-profit boards to [email protected] We will accept applications for treasurer until July 31, 2019, and make our selection after we review and interview candidates. We will continue to accept applications on a rolling basis as we plan further Board expansion.
If you have any questions about serving as treasurer, please contact Corinne Irwin at [email protected].
Thanks for your ongoing support of the Friends!