Help us plant our Demonstration Garden! We will plant shrubs and perennials while maintaining social distance. Due to COVID restrictions, only 4 volunteers may join this event. Please do not invite others to join if they have not signed up. If you find you cannot make the event after signing up, please let us know as soon as possible so that we can add another volunteer.
What to bring the day of the project:
- Water and snack
- Closed toe shoes and appropriate clothing
- Sunscreen and other personal needs
All the other tools and equipment needed will be provided for you. We will also provide hand sanitizer for use as needed.
Everyone will need to be pre-registered using this web form, and sign a volunteer sheet at the project site.
Participant Requirements for Volunteer Events
Self-Monitoring: All participants in the Friends of Titanic Memorial Park event are required to:
- Take your own temperature that day, prior to arrival at the event. If your temperature is 100.4 degrees or greater, or you have other COVID-19 symptoms, do not come to the event!
- If you are sick, please do not come to the event!
- If you have experienced symptoms of COVID-19 within the last 14 days, do not come to the event.
- If you have had any close contact with an individual who has a confirmed coronavirus diagnosis and/or who is presumed to have coronavirus, do not come to the event.
- If you become ill within one week of participating in the event, please consider reporting this to [email protected] We will keep your identity confidential.
- Group Limits: This events is limited to 4 volunteers.
- Cleaning and Sanitizing: All must sanitize or wash their hands immediately upon arrival and after the event.
- Masks: All participants must wear a mask upon arrival at the event and for the event’s duration. However, if physical distancing (10 feet or more) is possible during the event, or a health issue arises, a participant may temporarily remove their mask if necessary and/or to stay hydrated.
- Physical Distancing: Participants must maintain a distance of greater than 6 feet from other persons on the land and on the water, throughout the event.
- Equipment Handling: All participants are responsible for carrying any equipment they may use and they should not share equipment, such as shovels, trowels, etc. This means carrying to and from the project site, and making sure that they have washed their hands before and after with hand sanitizer or soap. The Friends strongly encourages proper handwashing/cleaning for all participants before and after events.
- Bathrooms: Bathrooms are not available for this event.
Washington, DC 20024
Google map and directions