We are looking to expand our Board of Directors! We hope to add 2 or 3 Board members to help with our increasing activities in the Park. Our ideal Board member:
- Supports NPS’s vision that Titanic Memorial Park is a historic park worth preserving
- Supports the Friends as a donor and/or volunteer
- Will attend monthly board meetings lasting 60 - 90 minutes
- Will commit to 5 hours of work per month, including Board meetings
In addition, board members are expected to participate in 3-4 community events each year, ranging from work parties in Titanic Memorial Park to staffing tables on behalf of the Friends at other neighborhood events. Board members are also expected to work on 1-2 projects each year.
We welcome applications from anyone who has an interest in Titanic Memorial Park. In particular, we are looking for candidates who have interest in one or more of the following:
- Volunteer Coordination
- Social Media and Communications
If you are interested in serving on the Friends Board, please send a brief statement outlining your skills, interests, and/or experience with non-profit boards to [email protected]. We will accept applications until February 10, 2023, and select additional Board member(s) after we review applications and interview candidates.
Please reach out with an email to [email protected] if you have any questions about joining the Board.
Thanks for your ongoing support of the Friends!
Proud partner of the National Park Service