In support of National Public Lands Day, we'll do our annual bench painting, and a few additional landscaping tasks.
Due to COVID restrictions, each participant must register individually for this event. Please do not invite others to join if they have not signed up. If you find you cannot make the event after signing up, please let us know as soon as possible so that we can add another volunteer.
What to bring the day of the project:
- Water and snack
- Closed toe shoes and appropriate clothing
- Sunscreen and other personal needs
If you want to help with the landscaping tasks, please bring these if you have them:
- Garden Gloves
All the other tools and equipment needed will be provided for you. We will also provide hand sanitizer for use as needed.
Everyone will need to be pre-registered using this web form, and sign a volunteer sheet at the project site.
Requirements for the event may change based on Federal, NPS, or DC regulations. We will inform you if anything changes. You can review the latest NPS requirements at:
Please share any photos or experiences on social media and use our hashtags! #NPSvolunteer #findyourpark #nationalparks #nationalmall.
Participant Requirements for Volunteer Events
Self-Monitoring: All participants in the Friends of Titanic Memorial Park event are required to:
- Take your own temperature that day, prior to arrival at the event. If your temperature is 100.4 degrees or greater, or you have other COVID-19 symptoms, do not come to the event!
- If you are sick, please do not come to the event!
- If you have experienced symptoms of COVID-19 within the last 14 days, do not come to the event.
- If you have had any close contact with an individual who has a confirmed coronavirus diagnosis and/or who is presumed to have coronavirus, do not come to the event.
- If you become ill within one week of participating in the event, please consider reporting this to [email protected] We will keep your identity confidential.
- Group Limits: This event is limited to 40 volunteers.
- Cleaning and Sanitizing: All must sanitize or wash their hands immediately upon arrival and after the event.
- Masks: All participants are encouraged to wear a mask upon arrival and any time it is difficult to maintain physical distancing.
- Physical Distancing: Participants must maintain a distance of greater than 6 feet from other persons throughout the event.
- Equipment Handling: All participants are responsible for washing their hands before and after handling any equipment with hand sanitizer or soap. The Friends strongly encourages proper handwashing/cleaning for all participants before and after events.
- Bathrooms: Bathrooms are not available for this event.
4th SW and P Sts
Washington, DC 20024
Google map and directions