The garden areas are missing plants from the original plan. Some plants are struggling.
- Friends will raise funds to implement the restoration planting plan if needed.
- NPS is planning to restore water service to the garden areas.
- We planted the Demonstration Garden in the North Play Area.
- We planted annuals in the planters in the Spring.
- We planted annuals in the planters in the Summer.
- We performed a "restoration pruning" of the azaleas at the North end of the Park, to restore the view to the Washington Channel from the benches.
- We have inventoried existing trees and shrubs and compared them to the as-built drawings.
- We found the As-built drawings of the original landscaping and the water service at the National Archives!
- We planted bulbs in the planters in the Fall.
- We continued to work with NPS on a plan for garden restoration.
- We conducted a survey to identify the water infrastructure in the Park.
- We planted annuals in the planters near O Street SW in the Spring.
- Friends removed invasive Euonymous from some of the planting beds.
- Friends planted annuals in the planters near O Street SW.
- NPS is completed a restoration planting plan for the garden areas.